1.1 The following definitions apply to these Terms and Conditions:
- Agency means Service NSW.
- Eligible Voter means a person who:
- Is a resident of NSW.
- Is 16 years of age or older at the time of their eligibility check for voting.
- Has a MyServiceNSW Account with Service NSW.
- Is a holder of a current and valid Medicare card.
- My Community Project means the program administered by the NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet in partnership with Service NSW using the Community Services and Facilities Fund within the NSW Generations Fund, allowing the people of NSW to propose and vote on local projects to strengthen and improve their communities.
- Partner Agency means the NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet.
2.1 These Terms and Conditions apply to the enrolment and voting for projects within My Community Project. By registering to vote, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
3. Eligibility Criteria
3.1 To be eligible to vote for projects in your electorate, you must:
- Be a resident of New South Wales.
- Not have voted previously during this voting period.
- Have a MyServiceAccount with Service NSW.
- Have a current and valid Medicare card.
- Not vote on behalf of anyone else listed on your Medicare card.
- Be 16 years of age or older at the time of your eligibility check for voting.
- Submit your vote via the My Community Project voting website.
4. Obligations of Eligible Voters
4.1 In registering to vote, you warrant and agree that:
- You are an Eligible Voter.
- You meet the Eligibility Criteria.
- All the information provided in your enrolment is true and correct.
- You will comply with these Terms and Conditions.
5. Your sole responsibility
5.1 You agree that you are responsible for, and the Agency is not responsible in any way for:
- Ensuring that you understand these Terms and Conditions, including the Eligibility Criteria.
- Decisions taken in relation to costs, expenses, obligations or liabilities incurred in relation to, or as a result of participating in voting.
The Privacy Statement also explains how the Agency may use and disclose personal information for the purposes of the Program, including disclosures to the partner agency – the NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you acknowledge and agree to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information relating to you, as described in the Privacy Statement.
6.2 If you do not provide the information requested in the identity verification process, the Agency will not be able to process your vote.
6.3 Information collected by the Agency as part of the My Community Project program is subject to the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW) (PPIP Act) and other relevant laws. The Privacy Statement explains how you may access and correct your personal information, how you can lodge a complaint relating to the handling of your personal information, and how the Agency will deal with your complaint.
7.1 The Agency has the right, at its discretion, to verify any information provided as part of the application for voting. Verification may include, without limitation, any or all of the following:
- Requesting the provision of additional information.
- Making enquiries with the Document Verification Service (managed by the Department of Home Affairs).
- Confirmation that the Eligibility Criteria have been met.
7.2 Notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms and Conditions, the Agency reserves the right to require additional information or clarification from you, or anyone else before proceeding to make a decision about whether any voters are eligible or ineligible.
8. Closure, suspension or variation of My Community Project voting
8.1 The Agency reserves the right, at any time, to:
- Vary these Terms and Conditions, including the projects available for voting, the Eligibility Criteria, process for voting and voting requirements.
- Suspend the operation of, or close, the My Community Project voting website.
- Alter or change the number of rounds per year or the opening and closing date for voting.
- Reduce or extend the period of the My Community Project.
8.2 Any changes to these Terms and Conditions or action taken to suspend or revoke projects will be notified on the Agency’s website.
9.1 The Agency is in no way responsible or accountable for any decisions made by our partner agency – the NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet at any time.
9.2 No rights under these Terms and Conditions will be waived except by notice in writing signed by both you and the Agency.
9.3 The My Community Project program and all related documents are governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales.
9.4 Where the Agency has issued a notice to the email address provided as part of the voter registration process, the notification will be deemed to have been received by you immediately upon receipt of electronic transmission confirmation.